Environmentally Friendly Boat Bottom Coating
BaSiliCoat is an environmentally friendly antifouling surface coat for use on boats and other marine equipment. Contribute to a sustainable and non-toxic marine environment - use BaSiliCoat!
The Problem - Biofouling
- Marine organisms grow on structures in the sea
- The growth makes ships and boats slower
- Aquaculture nets become closed and heavy
- Lower oxygen in cages decreases growth of fish
- Toxic biocides and copper are used now
- Harmful to life and marine environment
- Stricter regulations on use of antifouling paints containing harmful chemicals such as copper
How Does Basilicoat Work?
- Barium sulfonate and mineral oil together with sodium silicate form a gel in seawater that adheres to hard surfaces.
- The unique properties of the silica gel provide effective protection against the growth of marine organisms.
- The product makes it difficult or impossible for barnacles, blue mussels and algae to attach to the treated surface so the animals give up their attempts and growth is prevented.